Mirò exhibition in Pisa - Myths of the Mediterranean

Photograph Alexandra Koray- Tuscanyarts
As much as I revel in the Mediaeval and Renaissance art that surrounds us every day I love to visit the incredible Modern art exhibitions that the Palazzo Blu has offered us these last couple of years. Last winter the colours and magic of Chagall and this year Mirò with his electric colours and evocative lines have delighted its audience. I am no art historian but got caught up in his use of the line with or without end that seems to have fascinated Mirò. His series of poems and illustrations in book form based on the Japanese Haiku form of poetry, brought me back to my former life as a bookbinder and made me remember why I love beautiful printing. I even felt a little tingle in my fingers!
One is guided through the exhibition by Mirò own words and poetry so and this is exhibition for all the family. Small children can read their own imagination into these pictures.
Mirò says:   “The painting rises form the brushstrokes as a poem rises from the words. The meaning comes later”
So if you are in this part of Tuscany during January the exhibition is open until 23rd January.




INFORMATION

Blu Palazzo d’Arte e Cultura
Lungarno Gambacorti, 9
56125 - Pisa
Until 23rd January 2011

Opening Time
Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Monday closed
(Ticket office closes one hour earlier)

Individual tickets  price: euro 8,00 
With discount: euro 6,50
With discount by conventions: euro 6,00

Also see the article and Video on Tuscanyarts http://www.turismo.intoscana.it/allthingstuscany/tuscanyarts/miro-pisa/

Comments

Popular Posts